1 Day Rhino Tracking Uganda at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
The idea of Rhino tracking in Uganda always creates imaginations of something extraordinary and our 1 Day Rhino Tracking Uganda tour is guaranteed of leaving you breathless.
Set in Nakasongola district along the Kampala-Gulu highway, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is the only place where visitors are provided with the golden chance of getting personal and up-close with the endangered gentle giants- Rhinoceros (one of the big five animals) in their natural habitats.
The Sanctuary is collaboratively managed by Uganda Wildlife Authority and Ziwa Rhino and Wildlife Ranch, with about 33 individuals calling the Sanctuary home.
It would interest you to know that Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary isn’t about Rhinos only but also a Bird sanctuary with over 300 species and wildlife haven with over 40 mammal species occupying its savannah, woodlands and wetland ecosystems.
1 Day Rhino Tracking Uganda Tour Highlights
- Track wild southern white Rhinoceros through woodlands and savannah grasslands.
- Watch lots of bird species.
- Come across a number of animals especially Uganda Kobs, warthogs and Defassa waterbucks among others.
- Scenic road trip.
Detailed Itinerary for the 1 Day Rhino Tracking Uganda
After your hearty breakfast, you will leave your Kampala Hotel for Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. While its only three hours’ drive from the Capital, the route which you will be using is spectacular to get bored or disappointed. Start the journey at about 7:00am and arrive Nakasongola District by 10:00am for the unforgettable search for Rhinos in the wild.
It is amazing to learn that Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is one of the biologically diverse areas in the country with about 40 mammal species that include southern white Rhinos (of course), Banded mongoose, Defassa waterbucks, Oribis, surprisingly the Leopards, warthogs, Ground squirrels, Grey duikers, bushbucks, vervet monkeys, Reedbucks, Uganda Kobs, Hartebeests, Hippos and others. Reptiles like Monitor lizards and different snake species are also present in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary.
On getting to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, you will be received by the team of Rangers who are more than willing to take you through the exciting 2-3 hours’ adventure. Have lunch at Amuka lodge or Kabalega Diners before hopping into the vehicle and driving back to Kampala City. You arrive in the evening.
Inclusions of the Rhino Tracking Package Cost;
- The Rhino tracking permit that costs only $50 per person.
- Relevant Government taxes and levies.
- Smooth ride by a 4wd safari vehicle.
- Bottled water.
- An English-speaking driver.
- Lunch in Amuka Lodge or Kabalega Diners.
- Entry fees.
Exclusions on the 1 Day Rhino Tracking Uganda package;
- Accommodation in Kampala.
- Domestic or International flights.
- Ugandan Visa where applicable
- Other personal expenses such as laundry fees, telephone calls, souvenirs and gratuities.
What to wear or carry
- Long sleeved shirt.
- Safari pants.
- Hiking boots.
- Insect repellant.
- Waterproof backpack.
- Energy giving snacks.
- Pair of binoculars.
- Good camera.
- Toiletries-lotion, deodorant, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, sanitary towels for female travellers, to mention but a few.